IT’S ALL ABOUT PARTICLES
1 Our architecture is articulated by particle theory, from the visualization of landscape to the design and construction of our projects.
2 We watch reality at the level of particles that provide us with information and designing strategies both of the tectonic and the climatic.
3 Using 3D scanners and sensors installed on site that gather information about climatic issues, the landscape is recorded as particles, and not as simply geometric locations.
4 These particles reproduce a given condition of a landscape that maintains a direct link with the territory.
5 Examples of particle phenomena are:
PCM: Phase Changing Material
Moss Seeds + Concrete
Sea Water + Microalgae
80% Nitrogen + 20% Oil = Fog
6 We work with the particles behaviour over time, thus acting from the exterior morphology to the performance of the parts.
7 Working with the most innovative manufacturing methods allows direct transposition from the 3D file to the construction.
8 We understand reality as performing particles inside an empathic society in which human beings and nature speak a common language, that of Particles Architecture.
* Cloud 9 presented this thesis at the Venice Biennale 2012, find out more at: http://ruiz-geli.com/concepts/architecture-of-particles
- Architect by Barcelona School of Architecture (ETSAB, UPC)
- Founder, Principal Architect and Director of Cloud 9 studio in Barcelona since 1997
- Working with Jeremy Rifkin on GGG, Global Green Growth and co-Chairman of the Third Industrial Revolution Architects Roundtable committee with Jeremy Rifkin, since 2007
- Master Tutor at Diploma Unit 18, Architectural Association School of Architecture (AA), London, teaching and researching about architecture with Pilot Projects in Global Warming Scenarios since 2010
- Science Advisory Committee of TECNALIA member since 2011
- HP Experts Committee member since 2012
- Director of Self Sufficient Buildings Studio at Institute for Advanced Architecture (IAAC), Barcelona, since 2012
- Enric Ruiz-Geli performs lectures and maintains collaboration with a map of Labs as Angewandte, Architectural Association School of Architecture, UCLA, Pasadena Art Center, CITA, RMIT, MIT, Bartlett, Buckminster Fuller Institute, ETHZ, IE School of Architecture, above others
- Cloud 9 green agenda is to look at Pilot Projects in Global Warming Scenarios
- Enric Ruiz Geli has created patents as masterpieces of Digital Fabrication
- Recently Enric Ruiz Geli / Cloud 9 has signed ‘Knowledge Transfer Contracts’ in Taipei, OECS, Qatar, Kuwait and Russia
- Architect of Media-ICT building in Barcelona, a Net Zero Building with a very competitive cost of construction awarded as Best Building of the World by WAF 2011
- Architect of Millennium Project in Valladolid, an urban retrofitting, obtaining 5 leaves certificate by Green Building Council (GBC), 2012
- Architect of H108 Project in Taipei, obtaining Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certificate for new construction, 2014
- Architect of elBulliFoundation for chef Ferran Adrià, a Living Laboratory in Cap de Creus
- Architect of Villa Nurbs in Empuriabrava
- Architect of Hotel Forest that belongs to the collection of MoMA, New York
- Architect of New York Aquarium that belongs to FRAC Centre Collection, Orleans