Raumwelten Art & Research (Friday, November 13, 2015)
9:30–18:00 – Albrecht Ade Studio, Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, LudwigsburgWith three panels, the Conference Day addresses three subject areas of applied spatial communication.
TRADE WORLDS – ON THE STAGING OF PRODUCTS
Curator: Dr. Petra Kiedaisch
Salesroom design is undergoing radical change. Due to the Internet and e-commerce, new concepts for trade architectures must be conceived and realized. Experts and designers speak about current developments in the fledgling discipline of retail design, which uses instruments of art, scenography and museography to create long-lasting experiences.
- Tristan Kobler (Holzer Kobler, Zurich),
- Jan Knikker (MVRDV, Rotterdam),
- Jons Messedat (Corporate Architecture Institute, Stuttgart),
- Philipp Teufel (malsyteufel, Düsseldorf)
Curator: Jean-Louis Vidière Ésèpe
How to learn? Playfully, if possible. Children’s museums and science centres are booming worldwide. What type of learning is involved? When does playing increase ingenuity? What can staged spaces accomplish? Does the frequent insanity make sense? Our thesis: The playful art of discovery has enormous potential.
- Christoph Fricker (Landesmuseum Württemberg, Junges Schloss, Stuttgart)
- Olivier Héral (Futuroscope, Poitiers)
- Alicia Leuschner (TRIAD, Berlin)
- Elisabeth Menasse-Wiesbauer (Zoom Kindermuseum, MuseumsQuartier, Vienna)
Curator: Prof. Tobias Wallisser
Freckles on her nose, diddle diddle dee, a girl came riding … In the German theme-song version, Pippi Longstocking sings: 2 x 3 = 4, diddle diddle dee, + 3 = 9, I’ll make myself a world just the way I like it … Likewise, designers in interdisciplinary teams create a diverse range of spatial worlds, from elevator capsules, to workplaces, to experience centres. Which procedures and ideas result in unique ‚worlds‘, merging social context, extraordinary design and innovative materials?
- Martin Haas (haas cook zemmrich | STUDIO2050, Stuttgart)
- Wolfram Putz (GRAFT, Berlin)
- Enric Ruiz-Geli (Cloud9, Barcelona)